Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Douglas Fir Spring Tips Tea

When I go for a hike in the summer, one of my favorite things to do is break off a small sage leaf and chew it while I'm walking through the forest. I also love to break open juniper berries and wear the juice like perfume. And the intoxicating scent of crushed pine needles...don't get me started. It's part of the reason I insisted on getting married in a mountain top forest of Ponderosa, Douglas Fir, Juniper and Spruce. While house sitting, I came across this tin of tea by Juniper Ridge. It's really incredible...it's simply crushed tips of the Douglas Fir that are wild harvested from the coastal mountains of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest. They also have a White Sage + Mint, which I just ordered. Maybe this Spring, I'll experiment and make some tea of my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment