Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Inner Eco Probiotic Kefir

What fun is it to eat healthy, yummy food, only to be left with a tummy ache or poor nutritional absorption? That's been my dilemma for years. And when I say years, I mean since kindergarten. Now that the gluten is out of the way, I am working on healing and nourishing my inner digestive beauty! I've used other probiotics, and they have been really helpful, but Inner-Eco is by far the best I've tried by leaps and bounds.

It's sold at Vitamin Cottage for about $10. - (it's more expensive at Whole Foods, buyer beware!). I've been drinking 2 Tbsp a day, and getting really good results. I'm going to start giving some to Francis, my dog- it's pet and kid friendly too!

A little bit of info from their site:

"...dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and certified vegan beverage. ...hand crafted and made in small batches using freshly harvested coconut water from young green (less than six months old) coconuts at the peak of their nutritional life..this kefir is a living food created to build and nourish the inner ecology of your body...employs the process of fermentation to create its Coconut Water Probiotic Kefir. Fermentation is the biological process that occurs when specific (probiotic) bacteria cultures are introduced to the water of the young green coconuts under controlled processing conditions. Coconut water makes the perfect fermentation medium because its naturally occurring carbohydrates, including sugars and fiber, provide food for the bacteria and stimulate their growth. Under these optimum conditions, the health-promoting bacteria are able to grow or culture, leading to exceptionally high culture counts of up to trillions of probiotic bacteria per serving." 






1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm considering giving my dogs inner eco probiotics also. I'm curious how your dog did on them. I can't find much information about using this particular brand for dogs.

    ReplyDelete