Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spinach Soup with Heaven on Top

Why is there no photo? Well, I wrote this post while eating the recipe because I created it quite by accident. I made the soup yesterday and had some leftovers that I decided to have for lunch today. The toppings part is a salad I had planned to eat on the side. Halfway through the salad, I decided it would be perfect atop the soup. Presto! A meal worth blogging about. But, alas, no photo. If I recreate this dish, I will post it up.


Raw Spinach Soup 
(2 or 3 servings)

4 cups Spinach
1 Avocado, peeled and pitted
1 3/4 cups Water
2 tbs Tahini
handful Parsley or Basil
juice of 1 or 2 lemons
1 tbs EVOO
Sea Salt

Heaven (the toppings of course)
Sprouted Lentils (I will make another post about this soon, here's a link for now if you want to know how to make them- I found this sprouting jar at Vitamin Cottage and it works really great)
Cherry Tomatoes, cut into smallish pieces
Kalamata Olives, pitted and roughly chopped
Nori, crumbled and torn into pretty bits
juice of 1 Lemon
GF Tamari or Nama Shoyu, to taste
handful Pine Nuts

To make Soup:
Combine all ingredients except Water and EVOO in food processor or blender. Blend a bit and then with processor/blender running (careful, this part can get messy!), add Water. Then, add EVOO. Add Salt to taste.

To make Heaven:
Combine all ingredients and toss. Easier than you thought it would be, huh?

When you're ready, (get ready! it's really SO good), pour soup into pretty bowls. Add toppings. Devour and soar into the sky because your mouth is full of yummy wonderfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment