Monday, August 30, 2010

Ocean Love Soup via Sunfood/Veggie Vibes


I came across this recipe for Ocean Love Soup while browsing all the wonderful things that Sunfood.com has to offer. Today, I tried a slight variation of it based on what I had available in my kitchen. It was SO delicious. I had just gotten off a phone call with my Mom- I was telling her that I wasn't sure I could enjoy a raw lifestyle because I would miss the complex flavors that come from cooking foods. Well, the universe has certainly answered my longing with this delicious, nutty, sweet/sour/salty/spicy soup.

My recipe substitutions are as follows:
I didn't have Walnuts, so I used Cashews. I don't like spicy, so I left out the Peppers. No Celery in the fridge, so I used Cucumber. And, I added Red Pepper Flakes. For the topping, I didn't have Dulse seaweed, so I used Arame and left out the Bell Pepper as well.

One day, after I become a bit more skilled and informed, I'll be able to create my own delicious raw concoctions, but until then, I will share what I continue to discover!

This recipe is from Chef Perkunas www.VeggieVibes.net

No comments:

Post a Comment