Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lillabee Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes

I absolutely had to make something with those poppyseeds I harvested and roasted last week. And, I wanted to try out the Lillabee baking mix. The most reasonable conclusion was to whip up some cupcakes- and even covered in cake and frosting, those poppyseeds were the most delicious part of this dessert.

As I've mentioned before, I don't bake. I come from a family of fruit farmers, and my Grandmother is the queen of fruit pies and cookies. You would think it would be in my blood, but for some reason I don't seem to have the patience most of the time. That said, I really enjoyed making these, and frosting them was the best part.

Lillabee Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes
1. Follow directions on baking mix. How's that for direction?! :) I used Rice Milk and good old fashioned Organic Unsalted Butter. You can use any Milk you like and even substitute butter with a non-dairy kind.

2. Pour batter into cupcake thingys. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.

3. Make frosting while baking- I didn't really follow a recipe- it's more fun that way! Using my Kitchen Aid mixer, I added a bunch of room temperature butter and blended it until nice and fluffy, then I added powdered sugar, Rice Milk and vanilla until it reached the consistency and taste that I wanted.

4. When cupcakes are done baking, let them cool.

5. Frost. Add decorations! Cherries like these are so pretty and in season this time of year!

2 comments:

  1. That's the BEST way to make frosting! We use regular Milk or Soy Milk/Soy Margarine if it's for L and it turns out just as tasty! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good! I was thinking some sort of almond frosting- something not so sweet would be nice too. I imagine I could blend an almond paste pretty easily and use that as frosting instead. :)

    ReplyDelete