Thursday, July 22, 2010

Marscapone & Macadamia Stuffed Figs


This recipe is courtesy Roz Lynn Dorf who was my neighbor for 8 years. Now we live 30 minutes away, and so we don't see each other as often. The thing I miss the most is when I used to get a knock on the door and there would be Roz standing on the doorstep with a handful of cherry tomatoes or a bowl of fruit cobbler made with fresh berries. What a treat!

Marscapone & Macadamia Stuffed Figs

4 oz. Mascarpone at room temperature
1 Tbs. powdered sugar
1 Tbs. Macadamia nut pieces

Blend Marscapone, Sugar and Macadamia nuts together. Slice Figs as seen above. Stuff with cheese mixture. Take some to your neighbor!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I am going to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Roz is a fantastic cook...I haven't tried this either, so next time the figs are fresh at the market, I'll have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete